What I love about baking with cornflakes is the almost savory quality they bring to the dessert table. They're not an overly sweet cereal and add a special light crunch that's difficult to achieve from add-ins like nuts or seeds which, while delicious, are more substantial. I find that cornflakes desserts satisfy that 3pm craving for a little something sweet without going overboard into decadent brownie territory (which I certainly do tread in from time to time). From cookies to bars to caneles, there's a little something for every kind of baker here.
• Cornflakes Canele - Ideas in Food
• Coconut Cashew Cornflake Bars - A Crafty Lass
• Cornflake Almond Crunch - Epicurious
• Momofuku's Cornflake, Chocolate Chip, Marshmallow Cookies - The Cookbook Chronicles
• Crunchy Chocolate Cookies - Not Without Salt
(Image: A Crafty Lass)