Dry cornbread is one of the worst things to put in your mouth (minds out of the gutter please!) and 75% of the recipes we've tried in the past leave us wanting something with a higher moisture content. To guarantee your pan of golden-yellow deliciousness turns out perfect every time, simply substitute the liquid ingredients (typically milk) with creamed corn. We usually use 1 can of creamed corn for every cup of liquid called for. If you're feeling extra frisky, add half a can of niblet corn (or frozen) in as well.
You don't need to adjust any other ingredients or ratios, just make the switch-aroo and your mouth will thank you for it!
Here's 6 of our favorite ways to prepare cornbread, some more traditional than others, but all are sure to get rave reviews from your family and friends:
• Cornbread Salad
• Recipe: Double Corn Bread with Smoked Mozzarella and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
• Recipe Review: Yeast-raised Cornbread
• Oldie but Goody: Cast Iron Corn Stick Pan
• Do You Have a Recipe for Cornbread with Real Corn?
• Sweet Cornbread: Delicious Treat or Vicious Crime Against Southerners?
(Image: Sarah Rae Trover)