You might decide to pass on the 22-lb turkey if it’s just two of you, but the upside is a lot more room to play with the menu. It’s much easier to please two people than a dozen, after all! And these recipes look very pleasing, indeed. Are you having a small Thanksgiving this year?Admittedly, many of these recipes serve up to four people. But even a Thanksgiving dinner for two needs leftovers, right?
• Rolled Turkey Breast with Sausage Pecan Stuffing from Martha Stewart - The turkey breast by itself cooks much more quickly than the whole turkey, plus it stays moist and tender in a dish like this.
• Roasted Corn Pudding in Acorn Squash from 101 Cookbooks - One half for you, the other half for me.
• Kale and Ricotta Salata Salad from Kim Severson - We reviewed - and loved - this recipe a while back and have always thought its fresh flavors would make a nice balance to heavier holiday dishes.
• Fingerling Potatoes with Chives and Parsley from Orangette - Teeny fingerlings are perfect for a small-sized meal.
• Individual Croissant Bread Puddings with Dried Cherries, Bittersweet Chocolate, and Toasted Pecans from Epicurious - We might have to double this recipe so there’s some leftover for breakfast.
What dishes do you recommend for a smaller Thanksgiving?
Related: Take Two! Best Meals to Make with Leftovers
(Image: Martha Stewart)