I used to think of shrimp purely as a luxury item. It was the star of the Christmas buffet — huge pink prawns served with blindingly hot cocktail sauce. But now I eat shrimp much more frequently; it is actually relatively inexpensive, when you are just serving 2 or 3 people, and it is so fast and so easy — just right for hot summer nights.
Here are 9 recipes from our archives that all feature shrimp. Some are quick, flash-in-the-pan sautés; others are from the grill, and others are served over pasta. They're all quick and yummy.
9 Tasty Shrimp Dinner Recipes
• 1 Chili, Lemon, and Basil Shrimp with Israeli Couscous
- Just sauté the shrimp with chili pepper and basil while the pearl couscous cooks.
• 2 Tomato-Cilantro Shrimp
- Liz's recipe last week inspired me; shrimp is such an easy dinner, and yet it feels so special.
• 3 Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp and Feta
- Sometimes I make this as an appetizer, and then sometimes I make it as a simple and light supper for 2.
• 4 Spicy Orange Teriyaki Chicken and Shrimp
- A stir-fry with some heat, and so good over fluffy white rice.
• 5 Penne with Shrimp and Goat Cheese
- With fresh peppers, basil, and goat cheese, served over pasta. A family favorite!
• 6 Shrimp with White Beans and Garlic Toast
- Healthy and fast, and with the beans, very filling and full of protein.
• 7 Quick Jambalaya
- A reader recipe with a jambalaya-inspired set of ingredients.
• 8 Korean Seafood Pancake (Haemul Pajeon)
- Halfway between a pancake and an omelet, this savory pancake is stuffed with shrimp and other yummy things.
• 9 Spicy Grilled Shrimp
- The simplest, and perhaps the best: Smoky shrimp, seared on the grill. So delicious!
What's your favorite fast weeknight recipe with shrimp?
Related: Tip from Ina Garten: Try Oven-Roasted Shrimp!
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits)