1/2 lb carrots, peeled and julienned. (I get one bunch with the green tips still on.)
1/4 cup minced parsley
(see this Lemon Dressing post for a more detailed description)
Juice of 1 lemon (should be about 2 to 3 tbsp)
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tsp sugar
pinch of salt
pinch of freshly ground black pepper
1 medium garlic clove, minced
6 tbsp (1/3 cup plus a little) Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Make the dressing: Combine the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl, and whisk until combined.
2. Make the salad: Add the carrots and parsley to the bowl, and toss until evenly coated with dressing. Serve and enjoy.
Use the freshest carrots you can in this recipe. Here are my preferred types of carrots, in order:
1. Carrots with their tops on, where the green tops look fresh (from your local farmer's market, if you can)
2. Carrots, whole in a bag (aka storage carrots)
3. Baby carrots in a bag
4. Pre-shredded carrots in a bag
...and by preferred type, I mean "for flavor". I'll make this recipe with #4, and it will be good, but it won't be the experience that it is with fresh, sweet carrots.
• Visit Michael's blog for more on this salad and some great variations for the recipe too: Dad Cooks Dinner
Thank you Michael! This looks absolutely delicious.