Some of our favorite summer meals come from Vietnam and East Asia. Emily has generously shared many recipes from her own Vietnamese heritage, sometimes spiced up with a bit of Korean spice and flair! Here's a look back at 10 Vietnamese and East Asian dishes for summer — from a cool vegetarian salad, to lemongrass tofu, to fresh summer rolls. These dishes are all light and very fragrant — most are packed with vegetables and herbs. Perfect for summer!
• 1 Bún Chay (Vietnamese Vegetarian Noodle Salad) - A light salad of rice noodles and herbs.
• 2 Vietnamese Ginger Crab - Crab simmered with ginger and garlic.
• 3 Vegetarian Bánh Xèo (Vietnamese Crêpes) - Eggy crepes folded over sprouts and vegetables.
• 4 Goi Chay (Vietnamese Vegetarian Salad) - Crisp shredded cabbage with a flavorful dressing.
• 5 Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup) - The famous Vietnamese soup — great for overcast summer days.
• 6 Kimchi Tofu Summer Rolls - Light and fresh summer rolls with tofu rolled up inside.
• 7 Bánh Mì with Lemongrass Tofu - The classic Vietnamese sandwich, but with tofu instead of pork.
• 8 Green Papaya Salad (Som Tam) - An incredibly refreshing salad.
• 9 Vegetarian Naengmyun (Korean Cold Noodles - Cold noodles for hot days.
• 10 Che Dau Xanh (Vietnamese Dessert Soup With Mung Beans) - A sweet, light dessert soup.
Do you have any favorite Vietnamese or East Asian recipes that you enjoy in the summertime?
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)