Coasters are one of those things that provide a very useful function (especially with all of these cocktails around!) but can be made easily yourself. They're a chance to add a bit of whimsy to your decor and can easily be changed out when you feel like making new ones.
• 1 Use old magazines to make these woven coasters with a how-to from How About Orange.
• 2 Vintage wallpaper coasters by sidneyann on Etsy. $30 for 4
• 3 A DIY coaster-making project using ceramic tiles and leaf stamps, from Better Homes and Gardens.
• 4 These coasters use old maps for a well-traveled look, via Craft Tutorials.
• 5 Make felt-like coasters from old sweaters using this how-to from Good Housekeeping.
Related: Humorous Coasters from Bob's Your Uncle
(Images: as linked above)