We make resolutions for things like keeping a clean house, biking to work, and spending less money - why not throw a few cooking resolutions into the mix? Think about trying a new food, mastering a new recipe, or even redecorating your kitchen! Hear a few of our resolutions and tell us yours after the jump...Like most resolutions, these are things that we've been meaning to do for a while, but just haven't gotten around to it or made it a habit:
• Make pasta from scratch! We inherited a pasta roller a few months ago and it's remained woefully dusty ever since. Time to remedy that situation!
• Master the frittata. Yes, the frittata has been our nemesis for too long. We're ready to make nice and become friends with this "easy" dinner dish.
• Throw one dinner party every season (i.e., spring, summer, fall, and winter) with the goal of taming down our cooking perfectionism and confronting our hostessing anxieties.
• Try one new wine every time we buy wine or eat out, and keep a notebook of wine names, vineyards, and tasting impressions.
• Make an effort to cook recipes from our cookbook collection. We realized a while back that we get most of our new recipes from around the internet and we tend to forget about all the great recipes in our cookbooks!
That's enough, don't you think?! What resolutions, goals, or declarations do you have for the new year?
Related: Weekend Project: Make Your Own Mozzarella
(Image: Flickr members kiloindiatango, Paul Goyette, and Marc_Smith licensed under Creative Commons, and Emma Christensen for the Kitchn)