Everyone loves getting cookies but dogs may be the most appreciative recipients of all! With ingredients like peanut butter, bacon, and carob, these dog biscuit recipes are sure to have tails wagging.
And at least some of them are tasty even by human standards!
• Bachelor Dog Treats - Spago Executive Pastry Chef Sherry Yard shares her recipe with LA Weekly.
• Best of Breed Dog Biscuits - A vegetarian, vet-approved recipe at King Arthur Flour. (pictured above)
• Carob Crunchers - Doggy Dessert Chef developed this recipe for wheat-sensitive pups.
• Cinnamon Bun Bites - These treats from The Family Kitchen look so good, even we got hungry.
• Dog Biscuits - According to one of the reviewers of this Gourmet recipe, "My Great Danes loved them, so did my husband." Others said they were good with cheese! (pictured above)
• Homemade Doggie Treats - Dogs will love the bacon fat in this recipe from The Kitchn. (pictured above)
• Homemade Flax Seed Dog Biscuits - A great recipe accompanied by priceless photos from White on Rice Couple.
• Nutty Bacon Dog Treats - Dog Hill Kitchen's recipe includes bacon and maple syrup.
• Peanut Butter and Banana Dog Treats - This gluten-free recipe from Whole Foods includes parsley for breath freshening. (pictured above)
Do you have any fantastic dog treat recipes to recommend?
Related: Good Question: Looking for Pet Treat Recipes
(Images: Romula Yanes/Gourmet; Whole Foods; King Arthur Flour; Regina Yunghans)