I would like to state for the record that one can never have too many ice cream sandwiches, particularly between the months of July and September. Having Cookies & Cream by Tessa Arias at my side also guarantees that I will never eat the same sandwich twice. Why would you when every page contains a new and irresistible combination of cookie + ice cream? Right?!
• Who wrote it: Tessa Arias
• Who published it: Running Press
• Number of recipes: 50 combinations of cookie and ice cream recipes
• Recipes for right now: Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Sandwich, S'mores Ice Cream Sandwich, Chocolate Caramel Macchiato Ice Cream Sandwich, Lemon-Blueberry Ice Cream Sandwich, Red Velvet Ice Cream Sandwich, Chocolate Stout Ice Cream Sandwich
• Other highlights: Classic, boozy, fruity, sinfully chocolatey, or just plain sinful — whatever your taste, Tessa Arias has something here for you. I am particularly enthralled with her section of "Real Desserts," which take classic desserts like Boston Cream Pie and Root Beer Floats and translate them into ice cream sandwiches. Can't go wrong with that!
The best part about a book like this is that it's actually about three different books in one: some of these ice creams sound like they'd be fantastic all on their own, like Cinnamon Ice Cream, S'mores Ice Cream, and Mango Ice Cream. Likewise with cookies like Bourbon Shortbread Cookies and Orange Cardamom Cookies. And of course, mixing and matching all the various components is a choose-your-own-adventure of the most delicious kind.
This is a fun book that will come in very handy for getting kids and grown-ups alike through the hottest dog-days of summer. Lots to inspire, lots to crave!
• Who would enjoy this book? People for whom a constant supply of ice cream sandwiches is a summer necessity, cooks looking for new cookie and ice cream inspiration.
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: Cookies & Cream by Tessa Arias
• Visit the author's website: Handle the Heat
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.
(Images: Emma Christensen)