Milk gets a lot of play when it comes to cookies. The two are a traditional, well-known marriage. And of course, hot chocolate is a common treat with a sugar cookie in the evening. But what about a hot toddy or hot buttered rum? How about a mulled bourbon cider or a non-alcoholic vanilla cider? Below I've listed a few of my favorite warm-you-up beverages for this time of year, ideas that would likely pair well with any cookie on your to-bake list this season.
Five Cookie-Worthy Beverages:
• Mulled Bourbon Cider - The Year in Food
• Hazelnut Hot Chocolate with Minted Whipped Cream - Turntable Kitchen
• Sweet Tea Hot Toddy - A Beautiful Mess
• Hot Buttered Rum and Cider - Joy the Baker
• Warm Vanilla Cider - Martha Stewart
(Images: Martha Stewart)