If you've never make cookies using molds, they produce the most beautiful and intricate results. They are the perfect holiday baking project. Try these recipes with your molds for a few delicious variations.
Cookie molds generally are either carved in wood or cast in ceramic. The traditional German springerle cookies are made using intricate wooden molds, as are the Belgian speculaas. The recipes below include several twists, including one gluten-free, on the classic cookies. Happy baking!
1. Gingerbread Springerle from King Arthur Flour.
2. Speculaas Cookies from Martha Stewart.
3. Gluten-Free Springerle Cookies from House on the Hill.
4. Orange Flower Molded Cookies from Brown Bag Cookie Molds, maker of ceramic molds.
5. Simple Springerle Recipe from The Springerle Baker.
Related: Cookie Spotting: Speculaas
(Images: The Springerle Baker, Martha Stewart and Flickr via zoyachubby)