Have you ever cooked Vietnamese at home? If not, now is the time to try your hand at it. Doesn't this sweet corn pudding sound delicious? Perfect for prime corn season. Or how about this this recipe for ginger crab? These 10 favorite recipes from our archives will lead the way.
• 1 Bún Chay (Vietnamese Vegetarian Noodle Salad): a refreshing summer salad made with rice noodles, fragrant herbs, crunchy bean sprouts, a protein of choice, and a salty-sour-sweet sauce.
• 2 Vietnamese-Inspired Rice Crisps: a vegetarian take on Vietnamese shrimp crackers, made out of fried rice paper and topped with a mix of carrots, radishes, peanuts, herbs, chile pepper, and lime.
• 3 Che Bap (Vietnamese Sweet Corn Pudding): made with coconut milk, and perfect warm or cold!
• 4 Bánh Mì with Lemongrass Tofu: a vegetarian baguette sandwich made with lemongrass and garlic marinated tofu, pickled daikon, carrots, herbs and spicy mayo.
• 5 Banh Chung (Vietnamese Rice Cakes for the Lunar New Year): a vegetarian sticky rice cake, made with glutinous rice, soft yellow mung beans, and wrapped in banana leaves.
• 6 Che Dau Xanh (Vietnamese Dessert Soup With Mung Beans): In Vietnam, sweet soups are known as chè. This one is made with sweet mung beans and coconut milk.
• 7 Goi Chay (Vietnamese Vegetarian Salad): a vegetarian version of the traditional Vietnamese gơi gà, made with tofu and herbs.
• 8 Vegetarian Bánh Xèo (Vietnamese Crêpes): chewy, crispy crêpes made from rice flour, coconut milk, and turmeric, and filled with mung beans, mushrooms, or tofu.
• 9 Vietnamese Ginger Crab: made with lots of ginger, garlic, cilantro, a little bit of soy sauce, and served with noodles.
• 10 Vegetarian Pho (Vietnamese Noodle Soup): a soothing broth soup made with rice noodles and fresh garnishes.
Related: Cook Japanese Food at Home: 15 Favorite Dishes, from Okonomiyaki to Sukiyaki
(Images: as linked)