Unless you have a separate room in your house designated as the office, the kitchen can be a good place for one. We're increasingly bringing our computers and iPads into the kitchen anyway. And several of these work stations could easily convert to extra counter space if you're having a party or need to roll out some sugar cookies.We love the look of a built-in office with plenty of storage and overhead cabinets. But you don't have to have a custom-made kitchen to get a nice work space. The table on casters in photo #4 is brilliant; it's a separate piece that can be used in so many ways—desk, prep station, impromptu bar...
• 1. Dark Cabinets and a Wine Fridge, from Country Living.
• 2. Tucked Into a Corner, at Southern Accents.
• 3. Stand-Up Countertop, from This Old House.
• 4. A Versatile, Movable Table, at Real Simple.
• 5. A Freestanding Nook, at the New Yankee Workshop.
For more kitchen offices, check out this post by Regina at Apartment Therapy.
(Images: Lucas Allen/Country Living; Erik Kvalsvik/Southern Accents; Laura Moss/This Old House; James Baigrie/Real Simple; The New Yankee Kitchen)