Need a reason to look up from your cutting board? What about painting your ceiling in beautiful, vibrant color! Here are seven kitchen ceilings that recently caught our attention and made us start eying our own ceiling with a paintbrush in mind.
1. Soft Blue - Muted colors are a good choice for making us feel calm and relaxed while we work. We could see using a softer version of our walls or appliances to paint the ceiling. From House Beautiful via Apartment Therapy.
2. Bold Patterns - This ceiling immediately caught our eye in Elizabeth's post on Kitchen Floors! We love how the patterned ceiling ties the room together and creates a playful atmosphere. From Coastal Living.
3. Warm Orange Tones - We love how this ceiling pulls the color from the walls. It's like we're wrapped in a big, warm blanket! From Kitchens.com.
4. Bright and Red! - If you have a large open kitchen with lots of light streaming, a bold color like deep red can work really well. From Flickr member einalem via Creative Commons.
5. Bold Blue in Small Spaces - Bold colors can still work in small spaces! We love how this blue ceiling matches the accent wall without feeling overwhelming. From Ben's Mid-Century Mecca via Apartment Therapy.
6. Beaming Color - If we're ever lucky enough to have exposed beams in our kitchen, we might consider painting between them. This color really pops and ties the room together. From Flicker member thekitchendesigner.org via Creative Commons.
7. Purple Accents - Isn't this eggplant purple gorgeous? Painting beams and accents around the ceiling is a great way to incorporate bold colors without turning your kitchen dark and dreary. From Flicker member iLoveButter via Creative Commons.
Do you have a painted kitchen ceiling? Would you like to?
Related: Sweetness and Light: Seven Kitchens from Sweden