The only possible cure for the late-winter blues is brunch. A big brunch. One with friends dropping by, trays upon trays of sticky buns, mimosas and coffee, and muffins for nibbling when you think you're almost full. Oh, yes! Let's do this.
- Roasted Vanilla Orange Juice
- Masala Chai Tea
- Chemex Coffee (Or read about brewing coffee without a coffee maker)
- Grapefruit Mimosas
- Make-Ahead Ham and Cheese Breakfast Casserole
- Slow-Cooker Spiced Porridge (Steel-Cut Oats)
- Apple Cinnamon Mini-Monkey Breads
- Banana Bread Scones with Brown Sugar Glaze
- Lemon Sticky Rolls with Lemon Cream Cheese Glaze
- Spiced Pear Muffins
- Sausage Artichoke and Goat Cheese Bake
- Crispy Brown-Sugar Glazed Bacon
This being a potluck brunch, your own work should be minimal. I'd recommend taking charge of the beverage situation yourself and letting your friends pick the dishes they'd most like to bring.
Before your friends arrive, be sure to clear space on the dining room table or a counter top for everyone to arrange their brunch offerings. Set a stack of plates and bowls, silverware, and napkins at one end so that people can help themselves when they're ready. Put the beverages somewhere close-by, but out of the way of the main food line. You might also want to have the oven on low so that people with hot dishes can warm them up again before they go out on the table.
After that, your primary responsibility is kicking back and enjoying a cozy morning with your friends! Put on some good tunes in the background and let the brunch take care of itself.
What's your favorite dish to bring to a potluck brunch?
Related: How to Host a Brunch Party: 5 Tips
(Images: See linked posts)