Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week we discovered coconut milk flapjacks, how to make a serious red enchilada sauce, and the best way to make salmon. (Hint: it's the very easiest and simplest way imaginable.)
• Dinner Tonight: Mindy Fox's Peanut Soba, Cabbage, and Chicken Salad - The cabbage and radish salad plays particularly well with the noodles.
• Sauced: Red Enchilada Sauce - The key to this sauce is the toasted guajillo chilies pureed with garlic, tomatoes, cumin, and black pepper. Yum!
• Bread Baking: Walnut Crackers - Simple and savory, these are the perfect crunchy snack (particularly when topped with cheese).
• Bake the Book: Coconut Milk Flapjacks - These flapjacks are a fairly healthy way to start the morning, made with whole wheat and buckwheat flours, rolled oats, coconut and banana.
• Mark Bittman's Roasted Salmon with Butter - A signature Bittman take on salmon: just add butter, salt, pepper, and the result is exactly what you'd expect the best salmon to be.
Previous Good Eats: Welsh Rarebit on Beer Waffles and Asparagus with Parmesan Pudding
(Image: Caroline Russock/Serious Eats)