Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week we loved seeing Cheryl Sternman Rule's honeydew salad recipe on the site. (It's from her new cookbook Ripe
.) We also learned the two secrets to homemade rye bread and fell head over heels for raspberry and chocolate mousse cocoa popovers. (You will, too.)• Ripe's Honeydew Salad with Poppyseed Dressing
- This salad from Cheryl Sternman Rule's new cookbook Ripe
features honeydew, cucumber, and halved grapes sweetened with a slightly tart dressing of honey, lime, and poppy seeds. Delish.
• Sauced: Whole Grain Mustard Pan Sauce - Great spooned over sliced pork with a side of asparagus.
• Bread Baking: Rye Bread with Molasses and Caraway - This recipe incorporates two secrets to making rye bread work: a high protein bread flour, and an overnight rise.
• Sandwiched: Cocoa Popovers with Chocolate Mousse and Raspberries - a decadent after dinner treat, made with raspberries, honey, and a sprinkling of Maldon salt.
• Dinner Tonight: Lamb, Beet, and Cracked Wheat Meatballs with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce - The best meatballs aren't made entirely of meat! Add cooked grains, legumes or, in this case, shredded beets for meatballs that are really juicy and tender.
Previous Good Eats: How To Make Perfect Easter Eggs and Five Great Spices for Grilled Lamb
(Image: Blake Royer/Serious Eats)