If you answered no, the time to change that is now. Faced with more tomatoes than she knew what to do with, San Francisco Chronicle writer Amanda Gold turned to the obvious choice: tomato sauce. Not so obvious was her idea to add elements of a Bloody Mary, her favorite cocktail, into the mix.
• Read more: Bloody Mary ingredients inspire pasta sauce at The San Francisco Chronicle
Similarly, Mark Bittman just wrote a piece entitled Beer As an Ingredient, in which he details dishes that rely on beer as an integral part of the recipe.
• Read more: Beer As an Ingredient at The New York Times
What can we say? We like passionate inspiration regardless of where it's found, and we think it's about time to try a few cocktail-inspired recipes ourselves.
Try a Recipe:
• Carnitas Braised in Witbier - The New York Times
• Whole Wheat Fusilli with Roasted Ratatouille - SF Gate
• Spiced Dark Craft Beer Pancakes - Craft Beer
• Cosmopolitan Cupcakes - A Cup Full of Cake
• Pork Tenderloin in a Port Prune Sauce - Chez Us
Related: Recipe: Spicy Boozy Mousse