Citrus season is slowly rolling in on the East Coast, and we're starting to see boxes and bags of bright orange clementines in the markets. Mostly we just eat them as they are, but we've rounded up eight ways to use them in recipes, cocktails, and, if you can resist the urge to snack, home decor.
The sweet, tart taste of clementines makes them perfect for desserts (especially paired with chocolate), but we also love the sound of the couscous, below, or a clementine relish over chicken or fish. We can't imagine a prettier color for a cocktail than the peachy-orange of clementine juice, and they're equally beautiful set in a bowl on a countertop.
How are you using your clementines?
• Couscous with Clementines, Chickpeas, Olives, and Dates, from Bon Appétit
• Clementines in Ginger Syrup, from Gourmet
• Candied Clementine Cake, from Vegan Yum Yum
• Clementine Negroni, from Bon Appétit
• Clementine Gin Cocktail, via Tastespotting
• Clementine Place Cards, from Martha Stewart Weddings
• Clementine Candles, from Apartment Therapy
• Quick Citrus Centerpiece (below), from the Kitchn
Related: Look! Candied Whole Clementines
(Images: Faith Durand; Elizabeth Passarella)