This definitely isn't a resilient material for the floor. But clay tiles are another wonderful choice for kitchen flooring, as it's a natural material, it has a durable surface, and it adds warmth with its clay coloring. The material isn't just reserved for Tuscan villas (though image 5 is incredible): We've seen it used in everything from turn-of-the-century apartments to mid-century modern houses. Take a look:
• 1 This kitchen incorporates a little detail from many styles and eras, but the tile is a great way to pull it all together.
• 2 There's a little bit of old-world feel in this kitchen.
• 3 Clay floor tiles and comfy kitchen shoes.
• 4 A graphic black and white rug against the warm floor in Ellen Pompeo's home.
• 5 A Tuscan terra cotta floor is reflected again in the herringbone brick work of the ceiling.