Who cooks and eats here: Christan Vick and wife Jenna Novic
Where: East Atlanta, Georgia
See their kitchen: Christan & Jenna's Blended East Atlanta Kitchen
Rent or Own? Own
Christan and Jenna's kitchen is a blend of modern (IKEA cabinets, wire shelving), vintage finds, and family heirlooms. Their 60s style ranch house has limited storage, so everything in the kitchen has to get used regularly to justify the space. Here are six tools that have earned their space in the cabinets (not to mention the love of Christan and Jenna).
- "Detonator" Stovetop Popcorn Popper: This is a vintage find from a yard sale, inspired by one owned by a friend. True "Detonators" are available on eBay and Etsy, or you can get a lighter-weight version on Amazon.
- All-Clad Cookware: This investment cookware can stand up to daily use and still look good in the kitchen's open storage.
- Wooden Spoons: Indispensable, and they won't scratch the cookware.
- Hand-Me-Down Knife: Christan's knife was a family inheritance from a grandparent. It is made of one piece of forged metal, like these from Wusthof. She uses it almost every day.
- SodaStream: Despite the limited kitchen space, Christian and Jenna love their SodaStream Play, and it lives out on the counter so they can use it daily. They use it most for unflavored sparkling water, but experiment with flavored sodas as well.
- Bodum French Coffee Press: It "makes the best coffee ever!"
Thank you so much for letting us peek into your kitchen!
Share your own kitchen renovation or improvement!
We're always looking for real kitchens from real cooks.
Show us your kitchen here!