Every week we bring you our favorite posts from our friends at Serious Eats. This week we found not one but two pie recipes (chocolate and cheese), a very hearty and carb-heavy vegan brunch (yes, sometimes you need that), and a biscuit recipe that had the tasters begging for more.
• Vegan: Crispy Potato, Onion, and Mushroom Rösti - This is a great vegan recipe when you're looking for something hearty, satisfying, and not health conscious. (Hey, we all do it.)
• Pie of the Week: Chocolate Oatmeal Pie - Serious Eats thinks it's about time oatmeal is given a time to shine, and if this recipe is anything to go off of, then we couldn't agree more.
• Bake the Book: Farmer Cheese Pie - Pie for breakfast? Yes, if you make this savory cheese pie. The "crumbly cornmeal crust filled with honey-laced farmer cheese and a touch of thyme" hits that delicious sweet and savory spot.
• Bread Baking: Honey Biscuits - Been there, done that, right? Not so fast. This biscuit recipe had people begging for more, and that probably doesn't happen very often, does it?
• Vegan: Roasted Squash and Raw Carrot Soup - This looks like a nice salty/sweet contrast. Bright, fresh, and delicious!
Previous Good Eats: Mark Bittman's Pad Thai & Farro With Roasted Pepper Salad
(Image: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt/Serious Eats)