Let's start our Monday with a little treat, shall we? Like...oh, say...my favorite cookie ever! I love chocolate chip cookies with unabashed joy — it's no secret. While I definitely have my favorite tried-and-true recipe, I am certainly not above branching out from time to time. That's where this new cookbook by Carey Jones and Robyn Lenzi comes into play. Forty different waysto enjoy my favorite cookie? Game on.
• Who wrote it: Carey Jones & Robyn Lenzi
• Who published it: Chronicle Books
• Number of recipes: About 40
• Recipes for right now: Triple-Chocolate, Malted Hazelnut Chocolate, Salty Pretzel, Chai, Maple-Bacon, Gluten-Free Quinoa-Millet, Boozy Bourbon
• Other highlights: Many of us hold chocolate chip cookies near and dear to our hearts, but as Casey Jones and Robyn Lenzi acknowledge upfront, what makes this cookie our "favorite" can mean something different to everyone. This is why they start off with a bang by hitting the classics: Crispy, Soft, and Chewy. Even better, every recipe that follows gets a "crispy," "soft," or "chewy" label so that those of us with certain predilections know what we're getting into. Want to tweak a "crispy" recipe to make it chewier? The authors talk about how you can do that right in the introduction.
More than anything else, this book is just good, clean (sweet!) fun. Jones and Lenzi aren't trying to reinvent the wheel here — they're just showing us how much more bling we can add. If you're also open to venturing beyond your One True Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, then I think you'll have a grand ol' time baking your way through this book. After all, the more excuses to eat chocolate chip cookies the better, right?!
• Who would enjoy this book? Chocolate chip cookie lovers, folks often cooking for bake sales and potlucks
Find the book at your local library, independent bookstore, or Amazon: Chocolate Chip Cookies by Carey Jones & Robyn Lenzi
Apartment Therapy Media makes every effort to test and review products fairly and transparently. The views expressed in this review are the personal views of the reviewer and this particular product review was not sponsored or paid for in any way by the manufacturer or an agent working on their behalf. However, the manufacturer did give us the product for testing and review purposes.