When I discovered that my future husband hated cherries, I thought things might be over right then. That's until I realized: more for me! I dream of one day having cherry trees in my back yard, preferably both sweet and sour varieties. Then I would never have to choose which of these fabulous recipes to make.
1. Dark Cherry Crumble Cake with Cinnamon from Mowielicious - These look so tender and perfectly crumbly.
2. Cherry Ice from Martha Stewart - We're marking this one for our next dinner party.
3. Macaroon Cherry Tart from 101 Cookbooks - Toasted coconut with cherries in a tart shell? Yum.
4. Back-to-Basics Cherry Pie from the Kitchn - An oldie but definitely goodie!
5. Cherry Trifle from Real Simple - These trifles have everything we love from cream cheese and chocolate to almonds and (of course) cherries.
6. Cherry Strudel from Gourmet - A simple yet elegant way to showcase seasonal cherries.
7. Sour Cherry Ice Cream with Chocolate Chunks from the Kitchn - A perfect after-dinner treat.
8. Lamb Rib Chops with Quick Cherry Pan Sauce from Epicurious - The deep flavor of cherries is a great compliment to rich lamb chops.
What are your favorite recipe with cherries?
Related: Small Batch Canning: Making Cherry Preserves
(Images: Mowielicious, Martha Stewart, Heidi Swanson/101 Cookbooks, Sara-Kate Gillingham Ryan, Real Simple, Romulo Yanes/Gourmet, Elizabeth Passarella, Lisa Hubbard/Epicurious)