Are you sick of spending too much on sub-par packaged crackers? Looking for new ways to use the herbs growing on your windowsill? With a little butter, flour and cheese, you can have a jar of your own crackers at the ready whenever that afternoon savory craving takes hold.
The first crackers I ever made at home were Homemade Cheez-It's (recipe below), and they are pretty outrageous. They are also a real crowd pleaser at parties - your guests will be in awe that you made them yourself and you'll chuckle at how easy they were to throw together. What I love about making crackers from home is that you know exactly what is in them (no creepy preservatives or fillers) and they're infinitely customizable. You can add any combination of herbs or spices, grated cheeses, or even cacao nibs and you'll have crackers that are uniquely your own every time.
Try a Recipe:
• Homemade Cheez-Its - Good Food Stories
• Homemade Wheat Thins - Tracy's Culinary Adventures
• Homemade Graham Crackers - Kitchen Konfidance
• Crisp Rosemary Flatbread- Smitten Kitchen
• Homemade Goldfish Crackers - Plan to Eat
• Homemade Ritz Crackers - The Cupcake Project
• Olive Oil Crackers - 101 Cookbooks
• Rosemary Cheese Bites - Good Life Eats
• Sea Salt and Pepper Crackers - Lemon and Anchovies
• Cheese Straws - Homesick Texan
(Image: Emma Christensen)