We love getting a peak at other people's pantries
- especially when that person happens to be food guru Mark Bittman!
He's been trying to get a handle on all the excess ingredients in his pantry and has vowed to buy no more dry goods until all this has been cleared out. He posted this shot on his blog, Bitten, to show his progress.
Aside from the voyeuristic appeal of seeing what Mark Bittman keeps stashed (Diamond Kosher Salt! Chiles galore!), we're in awe of how well-organized he keeps his pantry.
Which space-saving techniques and organization tricks do you spy?We see...
• Grains inside old canning jars.
• Other miscellaneous dry ingredients in clear stacking containers.
• Half-empty bags neatly contained in larger (stylish!) boxes.
Knowing Bittman, we're willing to bet he's been cycling older ingredients to the front, too!
We have to admit that we're a little relieved to see that messy array of chiles on the top shelf, there. We were getting a little intimidated by all the organization...
• Read the full post "A Look Inside My Pantry" on Bitten, Mark Bittman's NY Times blog.
Related: Do It Now! Reorganize Your Pantry This Weekend
(Image: Mark Bittman via Bitten)