A year ago this week we were happily talking about fall food! Here's a look back at some of our favorite recipe and posts from this time last year. They include healthy comfort foods, pickled tea salad, creamy polenta for breakfast, darling apple jackets, tiny faces in your broccoli, and amazing morning buns. Plus what to do with turnips and fresh celery, pear gingerbread cake, and what it's worth spending money on in the kitchen.• Morning buns
! Deliciousness. Also for breakfast: creamy polenta with butternut squash, candied pecans, and whipped mascarpone
• Knitted apple and pear jackets.
• Picking tea, all over the world, and a pickled tea salad from Burma.
• Interesting things to do with turnips and fresh celery.
• Good ideas for healthy comfort foods.
• Look! A vintage menu board in the kitchen.
• How to make grenadine syrup yourself.
• Tiny laughing faces... in your broccoli.
• How to keep your cutting board from slipping.
• Fall recipes: Braised escarole with apples and bacon, and pear gingerbread cake.
• What's worth spending money on in the kitchen?
• A set of LEGO cutlery.
• Cheap wines for tough times - great wines that won't break the bank.
• Mystery silver instruments and an acorn cakelet pan.
• The lowdown on high fructose corn syrup.
Previous Year Ago Lookback: Sticky Spiked Apple Cake and Saving Money in the Kitchen