I'll be the first to admit that I'm horrible about meal planning. Thirty minutes before dinner, I find myself in a panic defrosting meat I forgot to thaw, or rushing out to pick up an ingredient that slipped my mind. You know what I think would help those of us who are challenged by meal planning? Having the week planned out, written down, and right before your eyes, and in a way that looks good, too!. That's where these chalkboards come in. Check out the inspiration and tell me this wouldn't help you to stay on top of the meal planning at your house!:
1. My particular favorite is the first example shown above, from WhipperBerry. It's a chalkboard surface painted onto the side of a china cabinet. I love how it only slightly contrasts with the black finish on the cabinet. Its presence is subtle; it's there, but not in-your-face.
2. The same can be said for the second example, from Coupon Connections. This chalkboard is actually painted on the inside of an upper cabinet door, so it's readily accessible without taking over your kitchen's decor.
3. For something a little less permanent, there is always the option of a free-standing chalkboard propped up in a handy location of the house, like this one from Southern Hospitality.
4. Etsy shop In Order 2 Organize takes the meal planning organization and groups it together with other household organizing; like mail, keys, and schedules.
5. And finally, Live It, Love It, Blog It provides plenty of room for planning with an entire chalkboard wall where you can write the dinner (and lunch!) menu and ingredients you need to pick up at the store.
Related: How To Make a Chalkboard Menu Board
(Images: as linked above)