Winter greens include swiss chard, kale, collard greens, cress, spinach and turnip greens. They're different from more standard lettuces because they tend to be heartier and have their own distinct flavor profiles. This hearty nature makes them a great candidate for cooking and sauteing as well as enjoying in everyday salads. Here are a few recipes that we've been swooning over recently. Whether you're looking for a warm, cheesy casserole or a simple soup, there's something for everyone here.
5 Recipes We Love:
• Fettucini with Balsamic Delicata Squash and Bitter Greens (pictured) - The Kitchn
• Warm Wilted Winter Greens - Tyler Florence
• Winter Greens Gratin - Bon Appetit
• Russ Parsons's Soup with Winter Greens and Chickpeas - The Wednesday Chef
• Winter Greens with Pears and Pecorino - Serious Eats
(Image: Sara Kate Gillingham-Ryan)