Punch is the perfect party drink because it serves many people and it frees up your hands to actually enjoy the gathering rather than pouring wine or mixing cocktails individually for each guest. Plus, I find that people love a good house punch: it shows that you thought through a seasonal, festive drink that everyone might enjoy.
And while it's relatively little effort on the host's part, it often makes the party infinitely more memorable. We went to a party once where they served a Lavender Elderflower Punch and I remember it to this day, and still bring it up when I run into my friend around town.
Do you have a favorite punch recipe?
Try a Recipe:
- Lemon Drop Champagne Punch - Martha Stewart (pictured above)
- Gingered Lemon Punch - Food 52
- Kentucky Cardinal Punch - Imbibe
- Pink Lemonade Fruit Punch (non-alcoholic) - Our Reflection
- Watermelon Punch (non-alcoholic)- The Food Network
- Strawberry Blood Orange Rum Punch - The Bojon Gourmet
- Tropical Ginger Punch - Martha Stewart
Related: Hibiscus Ginger Punch Recipe
(Images: Martha Stewart)