You can't find a much better True American Story than the rise of the craft beer industry in the last several decades. From the bare handful of breweries that survived the Prohibition era, there are now over 1,700 thriving craft breweries across the country. Raise a glass and give a shout-out to your favorite local brewery and their beers this Independence Day. Here are 15 we especially enjoy.
To get the party started, here are 15 tasty brews from 15 different breweries, each representing a different corner of the country.
• Torpedo American IPA from Sierra Nevada Brewing Company, Chico, CA
• Arrogant Bastard Ale from Stone Brewing Co., Escondido, CA
• Black Butte Porter from Deschutes Brewery, Bend, OR
• 1554 Black Ale from New Belgium Brewing Company, Fort Collins, CO
• Moose Drool Brown Ale from Big Sky Brewing Company, Missoula, MT
• White Rascal from Avery Brewing Co., Boulder, CO
• Alpha King from 3 Floyds, Munster, IN
• Furious from Surly Brewing Company, Brooklyn Center, MN
• Two Hearted Ale from Bell's Brewing Co., Kalamazoo, MI
• 120 Minute IPA from Dogfish Head Craft Brewery, Milton, DE
• American Darling from Pretty Things Beer and Ale Project, Cambridge, MA
• Brooklyn Pennant Ale from Brooklyn Brewery, Brooklyn, NY
• Turbodog from Abita Brewing Co., Abita Springs, LA
• Dark Star Porter from Bluegrass Brewing Co., Louisville, KY
• Full Nelson Pale Ale from Blue Mountain Brewery, Afton, VA
Your turn! What are you drinking this 4th of July?
Related: It's No Joke! Bowser = Beer for Dogs