Tomorrow Mexico celebrates 200 years of independence, and so we were inspired to round up five favorite sets of fiesta garlands. These are great for an independence day bash, a birthday party, or just everyday kitchen brightness and cheer!
• 1. Pink/Purple Fiesta Flags, $38 for 14 feet at LAMA Designs - These handprinted, 100% cotton pennants are made by artist Pablo Ferraro. They are less traditional, perhaps, but so modern and fun.
• 2. Multicolor Mexican Party Banner, $6.95 for 18 feet at Luna Bazaar - These are much more traditional, with patterns cut painstakingly out of tissue paper with a chisel. Decorative paper art like this has been adorning Mexican celebrations for centuries.
• 3. Fringe Garland by Ashley Meaders - This fringe garland was designed by Ashley Meaders, and it would be easy to recreate at home. Simply fold tissue paper over a string or ribbon, glue it together, then cut the edges into a fine fringe with scissors.
• 4. Fiesta Flag Banner, $25 for 6 feet from Ashley Addair - Another twist on a traditional Mexican fiesta banner.
• 5. DE COLORES Custom Color Papel Picado Banners, $42 for three 18-foot banners at Ay Mujer! - This shop is a wonderful resource for colorful and custom hand-cut banners. We especially love her wedding banners and this one featuring an Airstream.
Have you ever decorated a party with paper fiesta flags like these? Got any pictures to show us?
(Images: LAMA Designs; Luna Bazaar; Our Labor of Love; Ashley Addair; Ay Mujer!)