Yesterday fall hit NYC big time. The morning felt like any other summer day but a quick rain shower in the afternoon brought with it seriously cool temperatures. How depressing, right? Then I remembered one of the great flavors of fall I've been missing: pumpkin!
• Pumpkin Spice Latte (Just Like Starbucks!): Like it or not, the arrivial of pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks are a major indicator that fall is in the air - try one without a trip to the shop.
• Pumpkin Soup with Bacon: Slow cooked pumpkin and bacon -- what else could you want?
• Pumpkin Tortilla Soup: This recipe packs classic tortilla soup with fall pumpkin flavor.
• Pumpkin & Ricotta Pasta Casserole: A cheesy, pumpkin-filled casserole - the perfect fall comfort food!
• Maple & Squash Pumpkin Pie Popsicles: Skip the pumpkin pie this year and make these unique popsicles instead!
Related: 12 Things To Do With Pumpkin Seeds
(Images: Dana Velden)