Why should kids have all the fun? Or wedding guests? We love the idea of having casual, pretty party favors at even the smallest gathering.
It's a chance to practice recipes, wrap and package ideas, and show your guests how much you wanted them to have a little something to remember the gathering. To keep it fun and manageable, "little" is the operative word here: think of these as small tokens of your appreciation. Eschew grandness for small, delicious, and pretty. Here are a few ideas currently inspiring us:
• Newspaper-Wrapped Candies Wrap up a few of your favorite candies in pretty papers or last week's news!
• Hot Chocolate On a Stick: Send your guests home with something to warm up with the next morning. Choose your favorite blend of dark, milk, or semi-sweet chocolate.
• Customized Drink Mixes: I love sending guests home with a small token of the evening, and a way to remember the cocktails you all enjoyed together.
• Sweet, Savory, Salty Snacks: All jarred and ready for your friends to choose which they'd prefer.
• Customized Herb Rub Your favorite blend of spices, herbs, and salts makes a party favor that your guests can use on a few occasions.
Related: Fast, Pretty Party Favors: Re-Wrap Store-Bought Candy!
(Images: Chelsea Fuss, A Pair of Pears, Martha Stewart, 100 Layer Cake)