- Columbus, OH
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool:
- My tiny kitchen feels historical: the townhome was built in the 1920's and is located in a historic German neighborhood. Making meals with quality ingredients hasn't changed much since then, no matter how big or small the kitchen is!
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- As a renter, I couldn't change the horrid green countertops. However, as a sewing enthusiast, I could make some distracting curtains! To increase prep and storage space, I use other areas of my home. The kitchen is located off of the dining room. I chose a durable dining room table surface, so it doubles as my 'mise en place' prep area. Additionally, I keep plastic bins of categories of non-daily kitchen items in the basement, stored on large wire shelves for easy-access. For example, I have a cupcake decorating bin, and I can easily bring it up when needed and keep those items out of my way during the day-to-day use of the kitchen.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- I love having people over for meals, so any meal where I have guests is my favorite! I like brunch in particular: a quick quiche, fruit salad, and muffins always work and can be made ahead of time and cleaned up before my guests see the mess-- which is twenty times more evident in a small kitchen with nowhere to hide.
Small Cool Kitchens