This year saw a wealth of cookbooks cross our desks; we could hardly review them fast enough! But we tried to choose our favorite recipes from the books we reviewed, and share them with you here. Here's a look back at 15 recipes from some terrific cookbooks. From David Tanis of Chez Panisse, to Melissa Clark of The New York Times, and Boston's Flour Bakery to a tour of Japan, the cooks behind these recipes are rich with experience and inspiration.
• 1 James Peterson's Brisket with Pomegranate Juice
• 2 Molly O'Neill's (and Aunt Kajal's!) Baaghlava
• 3 Joanne Chang's Homemade Pop-Tarts
• 4 David Tanis' Wild Mushroom Ragout with Ziti
• 5 Bakerella's Yummy Mummies Cake Pops More