So you've scooped all the slimy, messy insides out of your pumpkins. Whatever you do, save the seeds! Roasted pumpkin seeds are a great fall snack, and a healthy break from all of your Halloween candy. Here are few ideas for making the most of your Halloween pumpkin seeds.
The basic method involves nothing more than a little sprinkle of olive oil and salt — about 10 minutes in a 300 degree oven will have them toasted and ready to snack on. For those of us looking for a few twists on the classic (or if you have many, many seeds to cook), check out these ideas:
• Curried Pumpkin Seeds from Bon Appetit
• Sweet and Spicy Pumpkin Seeds from 101 Cookbooks
• Old Bay Pumpkin Seeds at Chow
• Hilda's Roasted Pumpkin Seeds with Garlic and Pepper at Food Network
• Sweet and Salty Pumpkin Seeds at Real Simple
• Brined Pumpkin Seeds
What's your favorite way to spice up pumpkin seeds?
Related: Beyond Roasting: 5 Ideas for Squash Seeds
(Images: Flickr user elanas pantry licensed for use under Creative Commons)