- Athis Mons France
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool?
- I love my kitchen because although it's not very functional, we've managed to make it work. The glass panes make it extremely light and are like a greenhouse for my plants on the windowsill! They've doubled in size since we moved here just over a year ago! I also love the colour combo: red white and grey. Clean and fresh.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- Our landlord is pretty mean and wouldn't install anything other than the top cupboards (the sink unit is of the standard ugly stainless steel variety that comes with every new apt in France). He also didn't fit the corner cupboard with a door because he placed the cooker hood (which has never worked) too close to it. Anyway, after a lot of thinking and with the help of an Ikea desk (yay for adjustable legs!) and a curtain to hide our ugly plastic shelves, we now have a dainty little kitchen with a 70's vibe! The only thing I hate and can't do anything about is the floor tiles. I can't decide whether they're the colour of wilted roses or old smoked trout. Yuck!
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- Peanut avocado noodles or pumpkin cookies. Or scones! Basically anything that will make the house smell yummy.
Small Cool Kitchens