Here are a dozen ideas for caramel Valentines, including smooth and chewy candies, a hot burnt-sugar sauce, a caramel espresso float, light and airy mousse, and more.
- Caramel-Cloaked Chocolate-Hazelnut Torte - A caramel-drenched double hazelnut cake. So special!
- Dulce de Leche Cheesecake Squares - Creamy, milky caramel cheesecake, with just a bit of chocolate
- Caramel Bourbon Vanilla Sauce - Good for a lot more than Christmas presents! Keep a jar or two for yourself, to pour over dessert on Valentine's.
- Salt Caramels - Salty caramels are all the rage; get in on it with these chewy, easy candies.
- Pineapple Satays with Coconut Caramel - A slightly lighter, healthier way to get your caramel fix, with caramelized coconut milk.
- Caramel Risotto - This recipe is a little tricky, but diehard rice pudding lovers will flip for its dark flavor and tender rice.
- Caramel Apple Steamed Pudding - Caramel and apples go naturally together, and this steamed pudding is old-fashioned and romantic.
- Caramel Espresso Float - Wow! Coffee, caramel, and chocolate: decadence in a glass.
- Amour Caramel Hearts - A trickier project but oh so beautiful.
- Salted Butter Caramel and Milk Chocolate Mousse - At Nami-Nami -- so pretty and not too hard.
- Caramel Brownies - If you just have to have your chocolate, here's brownies with a healthy dose of caramel.
- Caramel Banana Cake - An incredibly moist, tender cake full of banana.
(Images: James Carrier for Sunset Magazine; Mikkel Vang for Gourmet; Martha Stewart; Faith Durand; Annabelle Breakey for Sunset Magazine; Faith Durand; Martha Stewart; Romulo Yanes for Gourmet; Just One Plate; Nami-Nami; Christina Schmidhofer for Sunset Magazine; Faith Durand)