Q: Since Gourmet went under, I've been receiving Bon Appétit as a replacement. It's fine, but it doesn't come close to Gourmet in content or quality. I've decided to cancel Bon Appétit and I'm looking for some more food magazine recommendations.
I already receive (and love) Cook's Illustrated and Saveur. I'm a former subscriber to Cooking Light and if I can't find anything 'new', I might have to give it another shot. Any ideas??
Sent by Danielle
Editor: Danielle, here are a few we enjoy! Some of these are less magazines and more just food journals, with less photography and more writing. We really enjoy this, though.
• Fine Cooking - We're loving this one lately!
• Edible - Do you have a local Edible publication? Check and see!
• Gastronomica - Journal of food and culture.
• Alimentum - The literature of food.
• The Diner Journal - Published in Brooklyn.
And here are a few we haven't tried yet, but are intrigued by:
• Jamie - Jamie Oliver's newish mag
• Remedy Quarterly - A brand new journal.
Readers, any recommendations for Danielle? Which food magazines do you enjoy reading?
Related: Hit or Miss? New Food Network Magazine
(Image: Fine Cooking)