Q: Can I use the same brine for pickling red onions to pickle ginger?
Sent by Shirley
Editor: We love reusing pickle brine! I think onion pickle brine would make a great pickled ginger, as it would add some nice, deep flavors.
Readers, have you ever reused onion pickling liquid to make pickled ginger?
More on Pickling
- 6 Ways to Use Leftover Pickle Juice
- How To Make Quick-Pickled Red Onions
- DIY Recipe: Eric Gower's Pickled Ginger
- Pickling Basics: Easiest Refrigerator Pickles
- How Craig Kanarick Uses Pickles (and Pickle Brine) in the Kitchen
- 10 Tasty Fruits and Vegetables to Pickle This Summer