According to NPR, the Maine lobster catch is at its peak this season, so it seems like the perfect time to put on a pot of boiling water and try out a few lobster recipes. From lobster rolls to lobster tempura, here are ten ideas, both fresh and familiar.• 1 Lobster Rolls:
One of our favorite ways to eat lobster: piled up in a buttery bun and dressed with mayo, lemon and fresh herbs.
• 2 Lobster Stew with Tomatoes and Peppers from Bon Appetit: This Spanish stew uses the tomalley (liver) to flavor its sauce!
• 3 Tempura Lobster with Dipping Sauce from Jamie Oliver: Chunks of lobster are a luxurious alternative to the usual battered and fried shrimp.
• 4 Lobster with Udon Noodles, Bok Choy and Citrus from Food & Wine: Buttery lobster coated in fried shallots top a tangle of udon noodles and sake-scented broth.
• 5 Chili Lobster from Food & Wine: A riff on the Singaporean dish of chili crab, this recipe pairs a powerful chili-garlic sauce with lobster instead.
• 6 Butter Poached Lobster with Fresh Tomatoes from Steamy Kitchen: This recipe combines lobster with the classic summer flavors of fresh tomatoes and basil.
• 7 Lobster Salad with Tarragon from La Tartine Gourmande: A simple salad that starts with a tarragon-speckled homemade mayonnaise.
• 8 Calcutta Lobster in Spinach and Yogurt Sauce from Gourmet: This Indian curry prepares lobster in a way we've never tried before: with ginger, spinach and yogurt.
• 9 Lobster with Fideos from Food & Wine: This paella-style dish uses a vermicelli-like pasta called fideos in place of rice.
• 10 Lobster Salad with Grapefruit, Avocado & Hearts of Palm from Martha Stewart: Simple, elegant and refreshing.
How do you like to prepare lobster?
Related: How To Crack And Eat A Whole Lobster
(Image: Liz Vidyarthi)