One of my New Year's Resolutions was to work more beans and other legumes into my daily diet. This was easy-peasy during the colder months, but I'm struggling to find lighter bean dishes now that warmer days are upon us. A few recipes are below, but I could sure use some help. Any ideas for warmer weather bean dishes?
One trick for lighter bean dishes is to think about the beans themselves. White beans like cannelloni and great northerns are fantastic in cold picnic salads or as a spread on sandwiches. Black beans were our favorite for winter chilis, but they're just as at home in soft tacos and veggie burgers.
1. Asparagus and White Bean Salad Over Arugula
2. Weeknight Black Bean Burritos
3. Rosemary-Lemon White Bean Dip (also good on sandwiches!)
4. Three-Bean Salad with Edamame
5. Rapini with Orecchiette and White Beans
6. Tuna and Bean Sandwiches
7. Slow-Cooker Black Bean Enchiladas
8. Spinach, White Bean, and Taleggio Pizza
9. Beef-Free Bean Burger
10. Bean Chilaquiles with Avocado and Queso Fresco
What are your favorite warm weather bean dishes?
Related: Stocking Up for Nice Weather: 5 Dishes to Cook and Freeze Right Now
(Images: Faith Durand and Emma Christensen)