If you're looking for an affordable table runner for the upcoming entertaining season, there may be no better option than making your own from burlap and twine — like this lovely example from The Wedding Chicks.
It can be casual or fancy — depending on your dinnerware and stemware — and can be used any time of year. On sale burlap can run $4 a yard, so that means for as little as $12 (plus the cost of twine) you can creatively and affordably add a touch of texture to a 78" long table.
• See more: Vintage Chic Wedding Decor at The Wedding Chicks
• How to Sew Napkins and a Table Runner
• Tips for Setting a Colorful Table on the Cheap
• 7 Easy Ways to Decorate the Table with Burlap
• 10 Inexpensive Resources to Dress Up the Dinner Table