All week long we've been helping ourselves to the liquor cabinet. It's Cocktail Week, after all, and we'd be remiss if we didn't try out some of these 3-ingredient cocktails or one of these party-friendly pitcher drinks. (All in a day's work, friends! Thank goodness we have a hangover cure.) But now we're taking a step back to revisit the basics. Tell us: if you were building a home bar from scratch, which bottles would you choose?
To be fair, there are probably 12 bottles you could reasonably argue for, but for the sake of this exercise, we're keeping it to just six to make it more accessible and budget-friendly.
So, do what six essential starter bottles do you think should go in a new home bar set-up?
For More Home Bar Basics
- How To Build a Basic Bar
- Ten Things I Love: Gear from Nora M.'s Home Bar
- Building a Home Bar: 5 Glassware Essentials
- Best Bargain Booze: 7 Top Picks From Bar Experts
- Bar Basics: 12 Bottles Any Bar Should Have
- Our Readers' Favorite Brands of Liquor
- 5 Restaurant Tips for Making Top Notch Cocktails at Home