- Monrovia, CA
- Square Feet:
- What makes your small kitchen so cool?
- I love that it is a kitchen of memories from floor to ceiling (literally). It was our first big project as husband and wife in our newly bought condo; I designed the kitchen and my husband made it happen.
- Describe a challenge you've overcome or a smart resource you've found for your kitchen.
- What wasn't a challenge? We gutted the whole thing. We ripped out the hard wood floors (we got a lot of shrieks from our family and friends), raised the ceiling (from a mere 6.75ft tall to 7.5ft), ripped out the old cabinets, and made the entire kitchen our own. I would say the most worthwhile challenge to overcome was raising the low ceiling. We got almost an extra foot, providing more storage and overall breathing room.
- What's your favorite meal to cook here?
- I have been trying to impress my husband again and again with different recipes, but by far our most favorite is a fairly recent one that we both went crazy over: the Zesty Tortellini Salad. I found it here on The Kitchn; it was one of my first meals I made in our new kitchen. I changed it up a bit, using Italian Sausage Tortellini instead of cheese, and I added olives and artichoke hearts. We absolutely LOVE it. I have never heard my husband rave so much about my cooking--besides when I make pies!
Small Cool Kitchens