What could better than butter? Brown butter, of course! Its warm, nutty flavor complements some of fall's best produce, like butternut squash, sage and apples, and adds a new dimension to sweets like shortbread cookies and ice cream. Whether you're a brown butter newbie or an old pro, we've gathered all the tutorials and tips you need, as well as some inspiring recipes, both savory and sweet.
TUTORIALS & TIPS
• How To Brown Butter
• Tip: Brown Butter in the Microwave
• What's the Secret to Smooth Brown Butter Ice Cream?
• Baker's Tricks: Browning the Butter
• Brown Butter Ice Cream
• Rosemary Walnut Brown Butter Cookies
• Brown Butter Butterscotch Pie
• Pumpkin and Brown Butter Blondies
• Fettuccine with Roasted Butternut Squash, Brown Butter and Sage
• Brown Butter & Maple Glazed Turnips
• Potatoes, Green Beans and Corn in Lemon Brown Butter Sauce
• Pasta with Brown Butter and Fried Sage
How do you use brown butter?
Related: How to Make Clarified Butter and Ghee
(Images: Nealey Dozier; Faith Durand)