Looking for lunch? Maybe you're making an effort to pack your lunch more often as you head into the busy autumn season? Here is a roundup of 10 good ideas, recipes, and menus that will help you throw a lunch together.
14 Great Ideas for Weekday Lunches
• 1 Make Your Own Fruit-on-the-Bottom Yogurt Cups
- Why buy yogurt cups? Make your own, and you can use homemade yogurt
, too, if you're inclined.
• 2 5 Lunches Under 400 Calories
- Five nourishing, well-balanced lunches.
• 3 For Tomorrow's Lunch: 10 Basics to Cook Tonight
- 10 make-ahead staples (mostly starches) that can form the base for a week of lunches.
• 4 How To Poach an Egg in the Microwave
- A great addition to your office lunches!
• 5 Make-Ahead Recipe: Thin-Sliced Roasted Pork with Southwestern Spices
- A great recipe for make-ahead lunches.
• 6 Egyptian Tomato Soup
- Ready for soup? Try this recipe with fresh summer tomatoes.
• 7 Crisp Tuna-Cabbage Salad
- A fresh take on tuna.
• 8 10 Vegan Lunch Ideas
- Ideas for the vegan brown-bagger.
• 9 Make Your Own Lunch Box Ice Packs
- A simple how-to on making your own ice packs.
• 10 Lunch-Packing Inspiration
- A lovely gallery of inspiring lunches.
• 11 Back To Work and School: 15 Great Lunchbox Snacks
- Homemade granola bars, and more.
• 12 Pack a Lemon in Your Lunch Bag
- A lemon! So many uses!
• 13 Sweet and Funny Lunchbox Notes
- Write your sweetie a note for the lunchbox.
• 14 Zojirushi Mr. Bento Stainless Lunch Jar
- One of the best lunchbox options out there.
More Lunch Goodness
Lunchboxes & Bags
• Can You Recommend a Good Insulated Lunchbox?
• Desperately Seeking: No-Leak Soup Containers for Lunches
• Three Styles Of Bento Lunchboxes
• Kitchen Organization Tour: A Visit With Bento Expert Biggie of Lunch In a Box
Tips & Good Ideas
• How to Re-Heat Leftovers in the Microwave
• Our Readers' Questions About Lunch
• Perk Up Sandwiches with Seasoned Salt
• Snack On The Go: Veggies Stored In Dip
Lunchbox Recipe Roundups
• Lunches That Don't Need Reheating
• 5 Dinners That Make Great Lunches
• 5 Lunches With 5 Ingredients Or Less
• Yummy, Homemade, & Filling Snacks for My Lunchbox?
• 10 Small Sweets For Your Lunch Sack
More Lunch & Lunchbox Snack Recipes
• Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Open-Face
• Kalamata Olive and Parsley Potato Salad
• Egg, Arugula, and Herb Tartine
• Chickpea of the Sea
• Big Green Salad with Shallots, Chicken, Smoked Almonds, Goat Cheese, and Dates
• Cuban Sandwich
• Ploughman's Lunch
• Bacon Fat Popcorn
• The Single Beet Lunch
(Images: See linked posts for full image credits.)