The school or office potluck is always an interesting opportunity to see what your coworkers and schoolmates like to cook and eat. It can also be high-pressure — what should you take? We're here to help! From side dishes to salads to sweets, here are 15 dishes that will complement any potluck.
When it comes to potlucks, especially ones where the main dish is provided (like the ubiquituous spring cookout, burgers, buns, and Boca provided), we think that you can never go wrong with a salad, like a crisp cabbage slaw or a white bean salad with roasted vegetables. Or go homestyle and crowd-pleasing with a cheesy rice casserole, or a fresh potato salad with herbs. And of course there's always the dessert table: We've thrown in some favorite potluck desserts here, like dulce de leche bars and spiced rice krispie treats. Read on for these and other favorite potluck recipes from our archives.
Each of these recipes has attributes that makes it good for a potluck. Some, like the cheesy Tex-Mex rice, are just straight-up crowd-pleasers. Others, like the meatballs, are easy to serve in small portions. And others, mainly the salads, fill the vegetable and salad gap often found at potlucks. It's always nice to have another fresh, vegetarian dish that is focused on vegetables.
• 1 Cheesy Tex-Mex Rice
• 2 Mediterranean Turkey Meatballs with Herbed Yogurt Sauce
• 3 Chicken (or Tofu!) and Wild Rice Salad
• 4 Potato Salad with Yogurt, Arugula, and Dill
• 5 Roasted Eggplant Salad with Smoked Almonds and Goat Cheese
• 6 Sesame Cabbage Salad
• 7 Meyer Lemon Grain Salad with Asparagus, Almonds and Goat Cheese
• 8 White Bean and Roasted Vegetable Salad
• 9 Tri-Color Slaw with Lime Dressing
• 10 Winter Wheat Berry Salad with Figs and Red Onion
• 11 Cinnamon Walnut Dulce de Leche Bars
• 12 Life-Changing Vegan Thumbprints
• 13 No-Bake Lemon Cream and Coconut Icebox Cupcakes
• 14 Halfway Cookies
• 15 Pumpkin Spice Rice Krispie Treats
What's your favorite dish to take to a potluck?
Related: The Apartment Therapy Office Has a Potluck! A Menu Rundown
(Images: See linked recipes for full image credits)